Taking a different view!

Inspired by Suzanne Salvo at the EMELI European Leadership Institute in Paris recently I took this photo before returning home.



Suzanne a multi-award winning photographer believes that quantity has won out over quality when it comes to photography and video production. She explained that,
'any image that can be had cheap and that vaguely resembles the who, what or why of a story - no matter how badly exposed, haphazardly composed, no matter how poorly lit - is being published.' 
After showing us a sample of these 'poor' photos (many of which looked uncomfortably familiar to me) she provided us all with some useful tips on achieving more interesting photos. 
  • Look at your subject from a more interesting perspective 
  • Tell a story with your photos

Inspired but not confident, I decided to start with inanimate objects in my quest to take more interesting photos! I'll let you know how I get on when I progress to humans. 

Suzanne and her husband Chris are co-owners of Salvo Photography, an international award-winning studio and when they are not undertaking assignments around the globe they share their experience in action-packed workshops. I am a total convert - sign me up for the next one!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keynote at Public Relations Institute of Ireland's Annual Conference

Marco Greenberg - Meeting a force of PR Nature

Employee Engagement and Social Media Seminar